Hi Friends! Today’s post is for my PA/NJ/DE mama’s. Because we are talking about the
Have you been?
The kids and I just went for the first time, and I was surprised at how much fun they had exploring all of the different areas! My favorite part was that it provided my curious 4 year old with actual questions to ask! From talking about the different areas of the heart, or how science plays apart within movies it was a refreshing twist to our normal discussion topics!
Want to bring your little kid (under the age of 5) to see the Science Behind Pixar exhibit at the Franklin Institute? Here are a few tip!
- The Franklin Institute has a lot of hands on activities which is great for little hands! We spent close to an hour in each separate room, as they explored the different areas. A few of the favorites were – the movement room, the heart, and of course the kid area!
- The Science Behind Pixar was extremely informative. As I enjoyed reading about the behind the scene brain power that goes into every single, teeny, tiny, little detail of the movie, the kids enjoyed playing with their favorite characters on the interactive displays.
- TIP: If you are taking little ones I recommend going on a slightly less crowded day so the kids can really interact with each station. The day that I went was extremely quiet so the kids could really take their time working with the different equipment to see how it works, as we explained what the function was.
- The Science room is a lot of fun make sure you stop there next, the kids will enjoy the change of pace.
- The Electricity room has an awesome dance floor, but be warned one of the items in that room can create am electrical currant across the ceiling and without warning can make all 5 kids freeze in their tracks, and cry hysterically… while the 2 Mom’s laugh of course.
- As you walk through the halls of the Franklin keep an eye out for little stands! They have activities for the kids to do. For instance, we made paper! It was so cool and each kid had their own turn and was able to leave with a sheet!
- Our last stop was the kids room, which was the perfect way to end the day. We let them burn off the remainder of the energy before putting them back in the car to return home.
- I was surprised at how long we lasted with 5 kids under the age of 5. There wasn’t one meltdown and we were there for about 4 hours!
Want to check out The Science Behind Pixar I’m going to have a Flash giveaway over on my facebook page this week, so make sure you like the page so that so you don’t miss it!
If you are planning a visit here’s a special treat! All From Wine to Whine readers can receive $5 off of daytime adult admission to The Science Behind Pixar – which also includes your General Admission. Just mention MBPIXAR on the phone OR on the website when ordering your tickets. See the rules* below.
*$5 off Daytime Adult Admission tickets to The Science Behind Pixar. Limit 4 tickets per person. Includes General Admission to The FranklinInstitute. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Upgrades available on-site for IMAX and 3D Theater. Redeemable online or over the phone. Processing fees apply when ordering tickets in advance. Excludes holidays. Valid through 8/28/16
Please note that I was provided tickets to write this review, as well as the tickets to giveaway.