Does your recipe book look like mine? If your nodding your head don’t worry.. you don’t need to go hide in your kitchen corner. Let’s spruce it up!! (and when you are done reading about my Paper Craft make sure you check out my Silhouette Challenge Buddies that are linked below!)
- An old recipe binder
- a 12 x 24″ sheet of patterned outdoor vinyl (I used the navy dot from ExpressionsVinyl.com)
- a 12″x 24″ sheet of yellow outdoor vinyl
- a 12″ x 12″ sheet of white outdoor vinyl
- a 12″ x 24″ sheet of red outdoor vinyl
- a Silhouette Machine
- pretty matching cardstock
Take your patterned 12″ x 24″ sheet and wrap the binder like you are covering a school book. (Don’t forget to use your scraper to get out the air bubbles!)
Since my binder only needed 21″ of vinyl I trimmed the excess. Don’t worry if your side legnths aren’t matching we are going to cover them in a bit!
Now time to cut! Head on over to your Silhouette software, and change your settings to a 12″ x 24″ sheet.
Draw a rectangle down the page at your desired thickness. (I used 2 1/2 inches.)
Then take your favorite bracket design and Offset it. You do this by right clicking and choosing the Offset Option. Select both items ( keep them grouped together) and measure it for size against your rectangular ribbon. If you are happy with the dimensions, move the brackets to the right of the ribbon. Now we are going to create your recipe logo!
I used a basic stock font. Capitalize your letters and then un-group them so that you can adjust the middle letters size.
Now it’s time to cut! I find when cutting on multiple colors of vinyl that I should color coordinate my screen to reduce my risk of ut oh’s! So once I did that, I double checked the scissor icon on the top of the screen to make sure only my yellow vinyl was selected. Then I clicked cut! Once completed, I cut the white. And I layered it both onto the navy dot.
Now take your interior vinyl, measure and cut to the size you need and carefully lay it so that you don’t have air bubbles. (again use your scraper!)
Now that the exterior of the binder is completed, let’s move onto the interior shall we?
First, put all of your recipes into plastic sleeves. And then add some pretty paper dividers! I used a Silhouette Store’s Binder Design, but only to find it didn’t fit my binder after I cut (fail) So I took my 3 paper cuts and free-handed it.
Now I just need to KEEP it organized! I hope you enjoyed this month’s PAPER themed Silhouette Challenge. And before I pass you off to my Silhouette Buddies I need to ask..
Have you entered my $25 Expressionsvinyl.com GIVEAWAY yet? Make sure you do, $25 in vinyl can go a LONG WAY!
1. McCall Manor // 2. The Turquoise Home // 3. Creative Savings // 4. Sandpaper and Glue // 5. The Thinking Closet // 6. Sowdering About in Seattle // 7. Persia Lou // 8. From Wine to Whine // 9. Dream a Little Bigger // 10. Please Excuse My Craftermath… // 11. Play. Party. Pin. // 12. Everyday Paper // 13. Practically Functional // 14. A Tossed Salad Life // 15. My Favorite Finds // 16. The House on Hillbrook // 17. Adventures in All Things Food // 18. A Glimpse Into Barb’s Life // 19. TitiCrafty // 20. The Experimental Home // 21. feto soap blog // 22. Creative Ramblings // 23. The Stamp Doc // 24. Ginger Snap Crafts // 25. Simply Kelly Designs // 26. Whats Next Ma // 27. unOriginal Mom // 28. Bringing Creativity 2 Life // 29. Cutesy Crafts // 30. My Paper Craze // 31. Create & Babble // 32. Grey Luster Girl // 33. The Sensory Emporium // 34. Lil’ Mrs. Tori // 35. Black and White Obsession // 36. Mama Sonshine // 37. Weekend Craft // 38. Creative Carnival // 39. Peace, Love and Joyce // 40. Tried & True // 41. The Frill of Life // 42. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 43. Get Silvered // 44. Minted Strawberry
*I was given product to write this post. However all opinions are 100% my own! I really love Expressions Vinyl and had used them before partnering with this giveaway (just thought you should know that!)*