If you haven’t realized from the flashing image above, I have EXCITING NEWS! From Wine to Whine was nominated for a Liebster Award! (all thanks to Don’t Panic Just Parent! )
This award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who were found to be inspiring by their peers (awesome right?!) And thankfully for me, Don’t Panic Just Parent likes me enough to nominate me as one of her picks! (can you say forever in her debt? 🙂 ) But in all seriousness, I am extremely thankful and flattered, and I am thrilled to be able to keep the award cycling! So now that I’ve gotten my wannabe Oscar speech out-of-the-way. Here comes the fun part…
To accept the nomination I’ve been instructed to answer the questions below from Don’t Panic Just Parent. This is to help give fellow readers more insight about me. In return I have to nominate blogs that I find intriguing/inspiring.
-Thank the person who gave you the nomination
-Post the award on your blog!
-Notify your nominees with a link back to your post
-Create a new set of questions for those you nominate
Questions for me:
1) What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?
- “Always hustle. This is especially true when at work, when you are hustling you tend to walk fast, and when you walk fast you look like you are doing something important.. which in return means people are less likely to bother you with dumb things” – My Dad
2) What’s the one song that gets you pumped up?
- Can someone tell me why this is the hardest question on the list? I am not even a music buff. But for some reason the only song coming to mind (after multiple days) is “Hey Ya” by Outkast.
3) What would I find in your fridge right now?
- Thank goodness tonight was leftover night! Right now I have: A tub of chocolate chip cookie dough, jumbo lump crabmeat, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Beer, a boat load of cheese (sting cheese, sharp provolone slices, mozzarella and sharp cheddar shredded, ricotta…why do I have so much I have no idea), blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Pretty random right?
4) What’s your favourite dessert?
- Easy!! A Cannoli (nothing on a menu can ever compete). But if you asked for a home-made dessert, it would be My mom’s Easter Pie, if you’ve never had Easter Pie you have to try it.. speaking of I’ll post a recipe it’s amazing!
5) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Umm..neither? Jo is a morning person so by default that makes me a morning person (we are talking 5:30-6), but the only time I can get any me time in (i.e. blogging, crafting, drinking wine..etc.) is night, so I stay up until 12-1ish. It’s a vicious cycle.. but it keeps me happy 🙂
6) What was your favourite childhood memory?
- I had a great childhood so there are tons of things to pull from. But when I think back, I smile at all the silly things my friends and I did. From stop light dancing, to dressing in goofy costumes, town wide scavenger hunts, and purposely falling in crowded places. I am not sure if we were really cool, or really dorky (I know what we thought). But I know our days were filled with laughter and craziness, I hope my kids have the similar memories to look back on. Being a kid should be effortless, I know mine was.
7) What would be your dream occupation?
- It’s funny, this has changed multiple times within the last decade. But right now, my DREAM OCCUPATION would be to continue doing exactly what I am doing. Which is spending as much time possible with Jo and blogging about the journey. I mean who wouldn’t want to capitalize on that? I get to be with my daughter, and have an excuse to work on DIY’s! So if I could somehow make a living (even if a small one), by doing what I am doing then I would want that job. Now once she hits teenage years… I guess that may change 🙂
8) What is the one beauty product you can’t live without?
9) How would you describe your personal style?
- I like to be different without being outlandish, and I take a lot of pride in my style…it makes me, me!
10) What is your favourite movie?
- Sweet Home Alabama
11) Who inspires you?
- Lot’s of people! But the person, or better yet, the little person who tops this list is my daughter. She inspires me to be the best that I can be, and she forgives me even on the days that I fall a bit short. She inspires me to act my age (which is young sometimes, and old the next), she is a constant reminder to stop rushing my life away and to really understand the meaning “Stop and smell the roses”. Without her I wouldn’t have realized that my life had a huge void that needed to be filled.
Ok, that’s enough about me! Now, I would like to introduce the 5 blogs that I am nominating for the award.
I would like to nominate these fabulous ladies:
My Questions For Them:
1) If you could only have one beverage a day which would you choose: wine, coffee or water?
2) What is your favorite Vacation Spot?
3) What is your favorite room in the house?
4) What is one thing you hope to accomplish in 10 years time?
5) Favorite Quote?
6) You have a Saturday morning to yourself.. what do you do?
7) Are you a dog or cat person?
8) In one sentence, why do you blog?
9) You can’t live without _____?
10) If you could go back and give your 17 year old self a piece of advice what would it be?