This month’s Silhouette Challenge is going to be EPIC! Not only do we have 35 crafty bloggers linked up, but we also have a $155 Amazon Giveaway!!!!
Which is why I needed (yup NEEDED) my project to be equally awesome. So I stenciled my old, UGGS! (Afterall what else would you do with a stained pair?)
First, I made a paper stencil. So I literally traced my shoe on paper and then scanned it into my computer.
Next I traced my shoe template with my Silhouette Designer software, and layered a giraffe print over top. (Don’t forget to make it a compound path!)
I then placed my freezer paper on the mat and adjust my settings to Blade 2, Speed 3, I clicked CUT! (Thanks Lauren at The Thinking Closet for taking the guesswork out).
After the freezer paper was cut it was time to start ironing! If you iron on suede make sure to use the low heat setting. As for freezer paper, I am a HUGE FAN!!!! It stuck when I needed it to, it didn’t melt to my shoe, and it peeled up when I was done with it.
Next it was time to paint! I used fabric paint and a foam brush. Whenever possible I tried blotting instead of wiping since some areas of the paper weren’t completely flat due to old UGG wrinkles.
I then let it sit overnight. 1) Because I wanted to make sure it was dry. 2) It was 1AM and I was exhausted!! That one Ugg took me 3 hours to make!
The next morning I hurried down the stairs like it was Christmas, I was so anxious to peel that paper away and see if my crazy idea worked.
And it did!!!
And it seems I wasn’t the only one who was excited, my teenager was so happy she agreed to let me capture the moment!
I know that was a long post you still with me? Good!! Because I’m not done I have an AWESOME Giveaway to tell you about! But first you need to check out what my Silhouette buddies have been up to!
Insanely inspiring right?! You should go see HOW they did it by following the links below!
- 2013 Snowman Christmas Card by Please Excuse My Craftermath…
- Christmas Hoop Art by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
- Silhouette Nativity Advent Candle Box by One Tough Mother
- Christmas Party Photo Booth Props by unOriginal Mom
- Another Stenciled Tea Towel by Cutesy Crafts
- Silhouette Gift Tags by Rain on a Tin Roof
- Snowflake Pin / Ornament by Coley’s Corner
- State Sign Couple Gift by It Happens in a Blink
- Mason Jar Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Merry Christmas Wall Decor by One Artsy Mama
- Deer Head Holiday Banner…featuring Santa’s Reindeer by The Thinking Closet
- Restore your UGGS (with PAINT) by From Wine to Whine
- Monogrammed Snowflake Ornaments by Architecture of a Mom
- Christmas Countdown Sign by The Girl Creative
- Elf Chalk Sign: “The Best Way to Spread Christmas” by Weekend Craft
- Glittery Christmas Subway Art by The Turquoise Home
- Sketch Pen Labels by Sowdering About in Seattle
- Snowflake NOEL Sign by My Favorite Finds
- DIY Holiday Hostess Gift by Everyday Paper
- Folding Nativity Backdrop by Chicken Scratch NY
- Recycled Glass Jar Advent Calendar by Nearly Handmade
- Reindeer Card: Double-Sided Print & Cut by GetSilvered
- Personalized Block Ornament by Suburble
- Paper Medallion Christmas Tree by Create & Babble
- Mini Mid-Century Homes by Tried & True
- Glitter and Vinyl Minecraft Christmas Ornament by A Tossed Salad Life
- DIY Countdown to Christmas Refrigerator Style by My Paper Craze
- Reversible Recipe Holder/Block Frame by The Sensory Emporium
- DIY: Lettered Christmas Pillows by The House on Hillbrook
- Simply Charming Christmas Ornaments by Life After Laundry
- No Glitter was Worn by GiveMeAPaintbrush
- Make Easy Ornaments from Paper Circles by Bringing Creativity to Life
- Cutting Machine Embroidery Applique by Terri Johnson Creates
- “Believe” Christmas Banner by Daily Dwelling
- DIY Christmas Nativity Card by Pitter and Glink
And now for the GIVEAWAY!!! Who wants to win $155 to AMAZON!!!! (you could totally buy a Silhouette Portrait and some crafting goodies with that!!)
And here are ALL the technical details:
- Giveaway runs from Monday, December 9th - Monday, December 16th at 11:59p eastern.
- Giveaway is open to anyone 18 years of age and older, and this is an international-friendly giveaway!
- 31 different bloggers from our Silhouette Challenge FB Group made this giveaway possible, which means…
- There are 31 different potential entries per person! That’s a lot of potential winning power.
- Giveaway prize = an Amazon Gift Card for $155 toward a Silhouette machine or supplies…but in truth, can be spent on anything the winner’s heart desires! Bonus.
- The winner will be contacted by Lauren from The Thinking Closet by email and will have 48 hours to respond; so, folk should watch their spam folders.
- Readers can read the rest of the giveaway terms and conditions in the Rafflecopter widget below.
Phhew… that was a mouthful! I hope you enjoyed today’s post. Make sure you check out my friends, enter the giveaway, oh and tell me what you think about my UGGS!!
Oh and, if you are looking for Silhouette inspiration, support, trouble-shooting? Interested in joining us for our group posting event next month? Then, we’d love to have you join our Silhouette Challenge Facebook group. To join, simply fill out the new member request form , and Lauren from The Thinking Closet will get you squared away.