Are you looking for an exciting Pressure Cooker meal? Give this Indian Spiced Chicken Stew a try.
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken (I used cutlets)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp. paprika (or cayene pepper, red pepper flakes.. would work as well)
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup tomato purée
- 1/2 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced 1/4″ thick or small fingerlings, sliced in half lengthwise
- For serving: Plain yogurt, fresh mint, cilantro or parsley, naan bread, or serve over cooked rice
- Add oil & brown your chicken in your pressure cooker (total time about 3 minutes.) Lay the chicken on a plate.
- Brown your onion and garlic, to get some of the flavors going.
- Add your chicken, tomato puree, paste, spices, and chicken broth to the pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once it is done, release the pressure. Take the chicken pieces out and tear apart. Then add back in.
- Add your sliced potatoes. Cook for 12 minutes on high pressure.
- That’t is cooking is done! I served mine over rice to make it a bit heavier (not necessary though), with plain yogurt on top!
I hope you like it! Do you have a favorite Pressure Cooker meal?! If so please share below or on my FB page!
I modified a recipe from Seasons & Suppers to become a pressure cooker meal.