For this month’s Silhouette Challenge, we got a little crafty crazy and THEMED it! (who doesn’t love a good theme right?!) This month’s theme is going to help you tackle your New Years Resolution because we are talking ORGANIZATION!
So in order to help you with your Organization Resolution (and to pretty up your kitchen) I will show you how to spice up your counters with some Vinyl Labeled Canisters!
First, you should pick a design that you like (Silhouette Store Design ID #18978 ). Then measure your canisters and adjust your image size (I like to do this first, sometimes if I wait till the end I forget to re-size it and I have to cut it twice..and I hate to waste!) Now pick a font you like and write onto the open space.
Once you are ready to cut, highlight both the image AND the words and right click Make Compound Path.
Now we are ready to cut! I like to slow my speed down when working with intircate designs, so as you can see my speed is at 1, thickness is 9, and blade is at 2. I also had a full sheet of vinyl so I did not use a cutting mat.
Time to weed (I use a dental pick).
Once that’s complete it looked like this..pretty right?
If you’ve never used transfer paper it’s to ensure everything gets moved in one easy motion so you carefully lay the sticky side of the paper directly on top of your vinyl, and go over it with your credit card..this helps remove any air bubbles, and reinforces the adhesion. You then carefull peel the transfer paper (and now your vinyl) from the paper backing and place onto your surface. Then once again you run your credit card over the transfer paper.
Then once you are satisfied that it is stuck and that there are no air bubbles you peel the transfer paper off.
These pictures really don’t do it justice they look nicer in person… and the project was oh so easy!
Now, go check out my Silhouette Buddies below! They have a TON of great ideas for Organizing your house!!
- DIY Window Shutter Mail Organizer by Weekend Craft
- Kids’ Art Wall by Tried & True
- Organizing Silhouette and Craft Supplies by The Happier Homemaker
- Simple Recipe Organization by It’s Always Craft Time
- Put a Label on it! Herb Names for Plant Stakes by Get Silvered
- Super Simple Linen Closet Labels by Two Purple Couches
- Beware of the Animals Vinyl Toy Box by A Tossed Salad Life
- Child desk accessories by Architecture of a Mom
- Organizing & the Important of Labels by The Turquoise Home
- Index Card Organizer for Easier Meal Planning by Chicken Scratch NY
- Create Craft Room Labels by Dragonfly & Lilypads
- Simple Storage Solution for your Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Organize this: DIY Planner Covers, Tags & Dividers (made with Cereal Boxes) by Black and White Obsession
- How to Make a Cut File into a Print & Cut by Create & Babble
- Simple Chest Freezer Organizational Board by Nearly Handmade
- TBD by From Wine to Whine
- Nursery Closet Dividers & Silhouette Cut File by Creative Ramblings
- Make Custom Box Templates with a Silhouette for Drawer Organization by One Dog Woof
- Organizing the Craft Room by What’s Next Ma
- Vinyl Wall Calendar by Crafts Cakes and Cats
- Personalized Toy Storage Bins by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
- Personalized Routine Chart by Work in Progress
- Blog Planner Sheet Dividers + Free Cut Files by TitiCrafty by Camila
- Simple Project Calendar by Little Blue’s Room
- Dry Erase Photo Frame Menu Board + Free Cut File by Essentially Eclectic
- Receipt Organization with Free Cut File by The Thinking Closet
- Cute and Easy Labels by Life After Laundry
- “What’s For Dinner?” Menu Planning Board by unOriginal Mom
- Mixing Organization and Function: An Easy Conversion Chart by My Paper Craze
- Why do my cookies taste so bad? A lesson in baking. by The Life and Times of a TAP
- Custom Drawer Dividers by Please Excuse My Craftermath…
- The evolution of my labeling system by feto soap
- Ikea Drawer labels by McCall Manor
- Glass Etched Vinegar & Oil bottles by Terri Johnson Creates
- Organize It: Bathroom Closet by The House on Hillbrook
- Ombre Butterfly Magnet Board by Sowdering About