Hey friends! So you know what fingerprint tree that you’ve been seeing all over Pinterest? Well I took that cute kid craft & made it into Fall Wall Art with just a few extra Mom Steps!
Let me show you how:
- Find a tree image that you like and print it on quality paper.
- Let your little one dip their fingers into the paint and decorate the bare branches of the tree.
- Now it’s your turn for some crafting fun! Secretly, grab a brown and green colored pencil and lightly go over the tree and the grass.. shade lightly. You want this to look like a sketch, plus if your shading skills are anything like mine then the lighter it is the better it will look!
- Now you could stop here.. but I wanted to make it a bit more personal, so I traced 4 birds with my Silhouette Software and wrote out a Thanksgiving(ish) quote.
- Then I cut, weeded and applied the design to my cardstock.
- Lastly, I framed it with a mat… yup a MAT! Sounds crazy, but that little detail right there is the cherry on top of the sundae.
- Go hang it in your hall for some kid-friendly seasonal decor.
It turned out pretty cute right? Now that you saw my fun (easy) craft go check out a few of my friends FALL things that I’ve linked below!