If you are having a Mickey or Minnie Party EARS are mandatory! But don’t worry, they are super simple to make!
- party hats
- thick felt sheets (i bought 2 12×12’s, and had enough for 18+ hats)
- hot glue gun
- a piece of chalk
- painters tape for a stencil
- Place the tape onto the felts top, right corner.
- Trace the INSIDE of the painters tape with chalk. (see the circle?)
- Now, Repeat! (I was able to get 4 to a row.)
- Once you have all of the circles drawn, start cutting. (remember you need double the amount of party hats)
- Dust the chalk off of your recently cut circles, and cut a small flat piece to lay flush against the hat.
- Put hot glue on the flat part of the circle.
- And (quickly) place it onto the hat. Hold for a few seconds, and then continue to the next side!
- That’s it, you are done! (just be careful with the finished product don’t throw them on top of each other you don’t want the ears to fall off before the big day)
I found this project to not be hard, but slightly time consuming. So turn on the DVR, pour a glass of wine and start making those party hats! The kids will LOVE them, so it’s really worth the effort.