Looking for a cheap and easy Halloween costume that will leave your friends laughing? Be a Helicopter Mom!
It’s super easy to make! You can whip it up in just about 5 minutes AND with materials from around the house!
- toilet paper roll
- black paint
- hot glue
- 2 safety pins
- shirt (optional)
- htv (optional)
- silhouette machine (optional)
To make your helicopter:
- Cut your cardboard into two strips. Mine are about an 1 1/2″ by 8″
- Cut your toilet paper roll into a 1/3
- Have your kiddo paint the cardboard and roll black
- Once the paint drys pin the toilet paper roll onto the center of the hat
- Cross your cardboard pieces over one another making an x and hot glue it
- Hot glue the bottom, center of the X onto the toilet paper roll
- Add a piece of tape just to make sure it’s secure
To make the shirt:
- Open the Silhouette Design Software and write Helicopter Mom (I traced an helicopter image)
- Measure your shirt and resize your image to fit accordingly
- Flip your image
- Load your HTV into your Silhouette
- Adjust your cut settings (since you are working with small letters I recommend dropping the speed some)
- Click cut
- Weed your decal
- Heat up your iron on the cotton setting, lay your decal on your shirt and cover with a tea towel
- Hold the heat on for 20 seconds, then lift and hold on another section. If you think you are done check a corner and see if the decal fused to the shirt, if not do it again until it does.
- Once it looks fused give it a second to cool down (not all the way though) and peel the plastic off
Doesn’t get much simpler then that! Now go try on your outfit and take a selfie because I want to see it!! But do me a favor and use the hashtag #helicoptermomfw2w so that I can check it out.
Have a great Halloween! xo, Dee
You may also like: