Have you seen the movie Descendants? It’s cute! But since it’s geared towards the older crowd there aren’t any clothes in my 4 year olds size, leaving my little Evil Queen without any cool clothes from her favorite movie. Lucky for her I like a project…
Now she can feel a bit like Evie at school! I’m just hoping she doesn’t tell the teacher that she’s Rotten to the Core. That would definitely warrant a note home.
Want to create your own dress to impress your kids? Read on to see how!You Need:
- Clothing – lucky for me we had a blue dress that she wouldn’t wear hanging in the closet. (Thank goodness I hate throwing things away!)
- HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) in red, glitter gold, and white from Expressions Vinyl.
- Ironing Board and Iron (or Heat Press)
- Tea Towel
- Silhouette Machine
- Weeding Hook
You need to:
- Go on Pinterest or Google and find some inspiration! Then import them into the Silhouette Software
- Trace your image so that you have a rough base to start with. If your image is anything like mine you are going to have to do a lot of free hand. Which I really enjoy, it adds some time to your project but I like the opportunity to make it my own.
- Once you love your design you want to click on the scissor icon and deselect all items. Then select only the color grouping that you want to cut, load the HTV, check and make sure your image is MIRRORED and cut!
- Once you have all of your colors it’s time to start ironing. You want your iron to be on the hottest setting.
- Place your first layer with the shiny side up. Cover with your tea towel and press your iron down (don’t rub!) Check and see if it applied, if not cover and push down again. Once it’s adhered you can remove the plastic.
- Now for the next color, place, push, lift.
- Last it’s time for the third color: place, push, lift. Check all of your corners and make sure everything is adhered you are done.
Go show your kid! Hopefully this wins your Mom of the
Please note that this post contains affiliate links which means if you happen to make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale.