You know what I love more then my kids hand prints? A cute way to display it!
To make your own Don’t mind the mess wall art you just need a few minutes and a few materials!
- pretty scrapbook paper to match the room
- picture frame (I’d recommend a photo mat as well)
- kid safe paint for the handprints
- Scrapbook sticker letters
Or if you have a Silhouette Machine you can cut your own with the following materials:
- Silhouette Machine
- 2 colors of vinyl (I offset my font to make it pop)
- Transfer Tape
Here’s what you want to do:
- Grab your picture frame and photo mat, and size up your scrapbook paper (don’t cut the paper yet.. just in case the kids get messy 😉 )
- Paint your kids hand and have them place it on the paper
- Measure the open space around the hand prints and see where you want to put the words from the quote “Don’t mind the MESS the children are making memories”
- I custom cut my words with my Silhouette Machine so if you have a Silhouette Machine too follow my steps! If not skip ahead to the bold letters below: I took a photo of my paper and emailed it to myself, then opened it in the Design Studio and used that as my template guide!
- Before I cut my vinyl I triple checked all of my measurements, just to be safe (and you should too!)
- Since my paper was so dark I wanted my vinyl layered. So I offset the font in white (right click on your words, offset. I used .025)
- First I cut my white vinyl, then my light blue.
- Weeded and layered my vinyl, and then applied to the paper with transfer paper.
- If you do not have a Silhouette Machine you should buy scrapbook letter stickers at the craft store!
- Hang on the wall and you are done!
Happy crafting with the kids! xo, Dee