Pregnancy, Child Birth, Breastfeeding…there’s no right or wrong way to do it. Or sometimes you don’t have a choice and your “plan” needs to change. But whatever your reason to Exclusively Pump your Breast milk, good for you! Now here are 10 Tips to keep you sane while doing it!
- Call your insurance company. You may be able to get a free pump. (my little one is/was in the NICU so they allowed me to rent a Medical Grade Pump for FREE during her stay.)
- Get a hands free pumping bra ASAP! It will make your life so much easier! (I’ve only tested the Medela brand, but so far I really like it! If you are on the fence with your size go down one since you will most likely be losing a bit of the baby weight within these upcoming weeks)
- Make a schedule and set a timer (and then try not to sleep through it!)
- I keep my Lansinoh Portable pump in my car.. because well you never know when traffic will strike a litle to close to the pumping hour.
- Nipple pads! Putting wet nipples back into your bra is irritating.. so keep those suckers dry and comfy.
- Pick up a spare set of parts, this will save you from having to do the dishes after every pumping session.
- Drink a lot of water. The more hydrated you are the more milk you will have.
- Grab yourself a bag of Steamable Sanitation Bags.
- Make sure your flanges fit! I was using the wrong size for days and Owwww (your nipples should NOT be rubbing up against the sides)
- RELAX!!! The fact that you are trying is more then enough. So take a deep breath and pat yourself on the back.. you are doing good job!
Did you or are you Pumping? If so let me know if I missed any good tips!! (My chest will surely thank you 🙂 )